We are always interested in acquiring rare books and first editions of comparable quality to the ones we list on our website. We also buy collections and whole libraries.
We offer extremely competitive prices and pay promptly. We can pay in pounds, US dollars or euro, and, for higher value items, arrange collection anywhere in the world. We will not pay for books until we have examined them. We require a valid form of ID and proof of address to proceed with payment.
We are interested to hear from you if you are thinking about selling the following:
- Evelyn Waugh (Books in dust jackets and/or inscribed copies)
- Ian Fleming (Books in dust jackets, James Bond first editions and/or inscribed copies)
- Graham Greene (Books in dust jackets, first editions and/or inscribed copies)
- J.K. Rowling (more specifically any first edition copies of Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone or inscribed first editions of Harry Potter)
- George Orwell (Books in dust jackets, first editions and/or inscribed copies)
- John Keats (First editions or attractively leather bound 19th century editions)
- Roald Dahl (signed or inscribed first editions)
In every case, we need to know:
- the author’s name
- the title exactly as it appears on the printed title-page (inside the book, not on the front cover)
- edition number if stated
- the place of publication, name of the publisher, and date if any
- the binding (leather, boards, cloth, dust jacket, etc.)
- any major defects (torn leaves, stains, broken joints, etc.)
Please feel free to send photographs, but keep combined attachments to less than 5MB per message. Please don’t crop the pictures – we need to see the edges
We regret we cannot offer valuations by email. We are happy to offer free valuation of books that are brought to our shop during our regular business hours. We cannot value large collections of books, though we are interested in buying them.
Due to the high volume of email we receive each day, we cannot always reply to every offer. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, you can assume we are not interested in purchasing your book. We will always respond by email.