LEWIS, John Frederick
View of the isolated hilltop town of Ronda in Andalusia from the gorge below. The Puente Nuevo, completed in 1793 can be seen towering 120 metres (390 ft) above the canyon floor. Ronda is home of the oldest bullring in Spain, Plaza de toros de Ronda which was built in 1784 by the architect José Martin de Aldehuela who also designed the Puento Nuevo.
Don't understand our descriptions? Try reading our Glossary
Two tint lithograph. Original hand colouring. Very good condition. Size: 23 x 25.5 cm. (9 x 10 inches)