Titled and signed on the verso by Charles Job. Charles Job a stockbroker by profession, was a passionate amateur and became a Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society in 1895, contributing to the annual exhibitions of the Society and the Linked Ring. (The Linked Ring was a brotherhood consisting of a group of photographers based in London which pledged to enhance photography as a fine art). During the First World War he was based at the Censor’s Office in Liverpool. After the war he returned to Sussex, and in 1922 moved to 8 Spring Terrace, Richmond. In 1928, two year before his death, he was made an Honorary Fellow of the RPS in recognition of his eminence in pictorial photography.
Don't understand our descriptions? Try reading our Glossary
Size: 355 x 265 mm. Carbon print photograph. Very good condition.