Engraved by STARLING, T.
LIVERPOOL REDUCED BY CONSENT FROM GAGE’S PLAN
An interesting map of Liverpool showing south to north the docks to the Necropolis and west to east Vauxhall Road to Dr Hughes’ Stone Quaries. Above this map of 1836 are three smaller images depicting a view and a plan of Liverpool in 1729 as points of comparison and the third being a picture of the Black Rock Lighthouse. Along the lower margin are vignettes of the municipal and important buildings of Liverpool.
Don't understand our descriptions? Try reading our Glossary
Copper engraving. Later colour. Fine condition Size: 38.2 x 31.1 cm. (15 x 12 inches)