Engraved by Benjamin Cole.
Merchant Taylor’s School/ St.Paul’s School
Fine engraving of two old London schools. Merchant Taylor’s School stood in Suffolk Lane in the City until 1875. St Pauls’ school stood opposite to St Paul’s cathedral until it was moved to Hammersmith in 1884. The building shown in this engraving was built in 1670 and was replaced in 1822
Don't understand our descriptions? Try reading our Glossary
Copper engraving. Uncoloured. Some light age discoloration. Very good condition. Size: 23.5 x 37 cm. (9 x 14 inches)