Paintings, Drawings & Mysterious Objects. September 18, 1996 to January 12, 1997. [Together with related ephemera.]San Francisco, Cartoon Art Museum, 1996 Stock Code: 141503
NotesFirst edition, first printing, number 65 of 150 copies signed by Edward Gorey.
The related material includes:
1. The Fantod Pack (1995) publication flyer, with monochrome illustration on recto and publisher's information on verso.
2. American Book Collector, two issues (May/June and November/December 1985), both including a Gorey "Bibliographical Checklist".
3. Four Gorey-illustrated colour gift bags with black cord handles.
4. The Vinegar Works: A 50th Anniversary Celebration 1963-2013, monochrome and illustrated exhibition flyer.
5. Gorey catalogue (2001) of Bromer Booksellers, with colour and monochrome illustrations.
Quarto. Original pictorial grey wrappers, titles in black to covers.
Monochrome illustrations throughout by Gorey.
Slight creasing and bumping to extremities, else crisp; near-fine copy.
With the exception of framed items*, Peter Harrington offers free delivery on all UK orders of rare books, maps and prints placed through this website. Delivery to USA and the rest of the world is similarly free for orders over £200.
Established in 1969, Peter Harrington is one of the leading rare book firms in the world. It is a proud member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association – along with ILAB, the PBFA and Lapada – and from shops in Mayfair and Chelsea, London, sells rare books, prints and ephemera to customers across the world.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7591 0220